Building Together. Growing Together.
“To build the most innovative technology, products and services that deliver exceptional experiences.”
Our Leadership Principles
These are the principles, values and covenants that we live by, they inspire us and drive us. They bring us together and make us uniquely Diligent.
- Safety 1st.: Leaders are relentless in keeping people safe from harm, our goal is always zero injuries. We are constant in our dedication to safety and are continuously measuring our success.
- Customer Obsession: Leaders are Customer centric, Customer focused and they take great pride in helping customers achieve great things. Customers inspire us to constantly improve and are the reason behind everything we do, there success is our success. Leaders work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust.
- Hire and Develop the Best: Leaders raise the performance bar with every hire and promotion. They recognize exceptional talent, and willingly move them throughout the organization. Leaders develop leaders and take seriously their role in coaching others. We continuously work on finding new and innovative ways for developing, training and educating our team.
- Ownership: Leaders are owners. They think long term and don’t sacrifice long-term value for short-term results. They act on behalf of the entire company, beyond just their own team. They never say “that’s not my job”.
- Innovation Drives Us: Leaders are inventing the next industry-changing technologies, reaching the future faster and making their clients the best at what they do. Leaders encourage each other to challenge the status quo, push outside of their comfort zones, and look everywhere for new ideas that have potential to advance the way business is done.
- Strive for Excellence: Leaders have relentlessly high standards – many people may think these standards are unreasonably high. Leaders are continually raising the bar and driving their teams to deliver high quality products, services and processes. Leaders ensure that defects do not get sent down the line and that problems are fixed so they stay fixed. We work hard at fostering an environment that motivates and empowers our employees to operate at the highest levels of achievement. We learn from our mistakes so we can spend time innovating instead of putting out fires.
- Think Big: Thinking small is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Leaders create and communicate a bold direction that inspires results. They think differently and look around corners for ways to serve customers.
- Bias for Action: Speed matters in business. Many decisions and actions are reversible and do not need extensive study. We value calculated risk taking.
- Frugality: Accomplish more with less. We will be prudent and not allow Diligent resources to be wasted, constraints breed resourcefulness, self-sufficiency and invention. There are no extra points growing headcount, budget size or fixed expense.
- Are Right, A Lot: Leaders are right a lot. They have strong judgement and good instincts. They seek diverse perspectives and work to disconfirm their beliefs.
- Lifelong Learning: Lifelong learning is inherently Diligent, leaders are never done learning and always seek out opportunities to continuously improve themselves. They are curious about new possibilities and act to explore them.
- Be willing to take risks: We are willing to build things that people don’t yet know they need. We endeavor to delight our clients and create a better world. We will explore new paths, unavoidably many do not always turn into something but some will turn into great opportunities, and that makes it all worth it.
- Dive Deep: Leaders operate at all levels, stay connected to the details, audit frequently, and are skeptical when metrics and anecdote differ. No task is beneath them.
- Have Backbone; Disagree and Commit: Leaders are obligated to respectfully challenge decisions when they disagree, even when doing so is uncomfortable or exhausting. Leaders have conviction and are tenacious. They do not compromise for the sake of social cohesion. Once a decision is determined, they commit wholly.
- Equality: At Diligent we believe that great ideas come from everywhere and diversity inspires innovation. We believe a diverse and inclusive workplace fosters innovation and creativity. Our goal is to ensure that Diligent is a great place to work, where all people can contribute and succeed while doing their very best work individually and collectively. We are a better company, a better culture and a better world when we embrace Equality for All.
- Fun: We have the privilege of collaborating every day on meaningful work with talented, passionate teammates, and we genuinely enjoy each other’s company. So we celebrate our achievements and recognize successes and no matter where our path takes us, we always try to enjoy the ride.
- Health: In order to move fast and achieve success for our customers and our company, we must first take care of ourselves and each the other. We empower our employees to focus on their families, friends, passions, and Wellbeing. When our people are healthy and happy, they do their very best work.
- Sustainability: Protecting the environment is part of everything we do, we find creative solutions for a more sustainable world. Sustainable innovation is creating more for our clients while creating less waste than ever before, it’s a catalyst for revolutionizing how we do business. This opportunity is integrated across our business in policies, processes and products. We are innovating solutions that benefit communities, businesses and the World.
- Giving Back: We value giving back to the community, it’s at the heart of Diligent. It’s our mission to empower positive change through volunteering, community engagement and grants, as we succeed we share our success. This initiative allows our employees to be the change agents in their communities.