Pre-construction termite treatments for new building projects – whether residential or commercial – depend upon strategic planning between building contractors and Diligent Services. Our anti-termite treatment in construction provides a foundation free from termites, upon which contractors can build projects as well as their reputation.
Pre-construction termite treatments most often consist of several soil termiticide applications, based on the size of the slab being poured.
- Diligent’s professional technicians measure and graph the footprint of the foundation in order to calculate the precise amount of termiticide needed.
- We carefully treat the foundation with termiticide, based on the type of foundation.
- We treat the slab fill area. According to the type of fill material, this application is done at a variable rate.
- We treat the “critical areas” at specified rates. “Critical areas” may include expansion joints, pipe penetration points, and any other break-points in the slab.
- Diligent arranges with the contractor or foreman to have the treated slab area covered as soon as possible to protect the termiticide. The slab is poured.
- Some new construction may involve multiple soil termiticide applications if there are going to be going to be additional concrete pours at the construction site such as patios, porches, driveways, steps and sidewalks.
- The final application of soil termiticide happens typically at the final stages of construction, after final grading around the foundation. This is when Diligent technicians will dig a small, shallow trench around the exterior foundation wall, termiticide is applied at a specified rate, and then the trench is filled back in.